Tuesday 13 April 2010

BBC Essex features Colchester Walk to Work

Did any of you catch Dave Monk's morning show on BBC Essex yesterday? He featured our walk to work project, and we chatted away about the potential for walking to work, at least for some of the people some of the time. We also discussed town planning, and how as a society we use cars so much, with little use of alternatives for some of our trips, compared with the modal split between cars, buses, bikes and walking in some of our neighbouring countries on mainland Europe.

The interview went well until my landline phone started ringing when I was live on air using my mobile. Dave invited me to answer it, but I threw it outside into the laundry basket and got on with the radio job.

I put in a plug for this blogspot, as the definitive source of full up to date detailed information, and we had a rise in visitors to the site. We hope for more local radio coverage over the next few weeks....

No comments:

Post a Comment