Monday 15 February 2010

Sustrans ranger at Roman River valley

Tell us about your walk to work, and we can can feature it in the "my walk" section of our walk-to-work blogspot.

Your blogmaster does some voluntary work for Sustrans, the sustainable transport charity that is behind the National Cycle Network. See http://www.sustrans.org.uk/ . Sustrans' vision is a world in which people choose to travel in ways that benefit their health and the environment. They are very keen to support walking; indeed most of their routes are equally popular with cyclists and walkers.

I'm one of the Rangers for the route from Colchester towards London, and I did a litter pick today (and I'm pleased to report there was very little). I usually bike there, as I sometimes carry a spade and secateurs for ditch work and trimming, but this time I decided to leg it from home. It's not my paid job, but I think it qualifies as a journey to work.

So here I am at my outdoor office at the bench by the River Roman, and here's my "bench monday" photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment